Thursday 29 March 2012

Shyness

I'm a shy person. I'm an introvert on the Myers-Briggs test. You could almost go so far as to say I'm a recluse. It's hard for me to leave my apartment sometimes. I just enjoy spending quiet time alone.

I must have internalized some negative assumptions about my shyness over the years because it's something I can get defensive about. Defensiveness sucks. My goal moving forward is to not be defensive about things. Self acceptance and self appreciation seem to be the key to happiness.

Some time ago, I met a sweet and shy introvert and fell for her like I've never fallen for anyone. I think part of the appeal is that she also spends all kinds of time alone in her apartment. We both need that - to be able to be apart. Ironically, it brings us closer together.

There is something very sexy about finding someone with whom to connect on that level, someone who also savors one-on-one encounters and a "quiet" relationship. Our private lives are hidden from Facebook etc. and that makes me very happy.

I like writing erotica because it's about making sexuality public. It's about sharing hot encounters in a very intimate way with readers. But in my mind, it's still a quiet and introverted thing to do.

I mention all of this in case you were wondering why I don't have a photo up and why I'm not on Facebook. It's because I'm shy. That's all. I hope you can appreciate that about me.




No comments:

Post a Comment