Tuesday 12 November 2013

Funny how that works

So I've been busy with Nanowrimo lately and suddenly my mind is flooded with more stories than I can humanly write. There are so many hot characters in my head and they all want their stories told. What's a girl to do?

I'm trying to keep up by taking breaks from the novel to jot down snippets of new stories that I promise myself I'll write after the month is over. Right now I'm almost at the mid-point of the novel and that's exciting, like reaching the summit of a mountain. The downhill slope will feel easier. At least that's what I think from my perspective right now. Who knows? Writing has a funny way of surprising the writer. It's entirely non-linear, non-neat, non-categorizable. That's what makes the process so fun. You just never know what's coming next.

Personally, I find Nanowrimo to be a fun way to write because the momentum is great. Bad for my poor wrists, but great for the story. Happy Nanoing to all the Wrimos out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment