Monday 20 October 2014

What I love about Autumn

It's sweater time again! I love to cozy up in my warmer clothes and go for walks through fallen leaves of so many shades of brown, yellow and orange. It's time to make comfort food and drink chai and pull out the blanket when reading. I love the way the air smells when it rains and how the streets glisten.

The other thing is that Nanowrimo is only 12 days away. It's wild to think of that. All three of my published novels came out that way. I caught the first draft in the span of the thirty days of November, then edited them during the winter months and finally submitted them. This year, I'm going to try again.

Ultimately, fall is about returning to writing. I find that summer takes me outside. I like to get active. This year I bought a bike and became obsessed with going for rides all over my city. But that ended a couple of weeks ago and now I'm more inclined to spend these dark evenings reading and writing, which is also a great love of mine.

I know there are many people who resist fall. I'm friends with a bunch of autumn naysayers. But when I think of fall, what comes to mind is warmth and the written word. Divine! Bring it on, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment